How Smart Are You?
1. The "immaculate conception" refers to the birth of what biblical figure?
2. Which is the most accurate: The original Star Wars movie is set 1,000 years in the future, 100 years in the future or five years in the future?
3. Alaska is the northernmost U.S. state. Is it also the farthest east, west or both?
4. Is Reno, Nev., east or west of Los Angeles?
5. During a Leap Year, how many times does the sun go around the Earth?
6. Which U.S. state, known for its lovely beaches, lies farthest south?
7. Which goes farther north, Maine or Idaho?
8. Going from the Atlantic to the Pacific, through the Panama Canal, in which direction are you traveling -- east or west?
9. On average, what country has the tallest people?
10. How many billionaries do you think there are in the world?
11. How do you tell a pig's mood?
1. The Virgin Mary -- not, as about everyone but a seminary student will tell you, Jesus. See [link]
2. Five years -- since the movie takes place in the past. (Does the phrase "a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away" mean anything to
3. Everyone will say west. But it's also the furthest east -- some of Alaska's Aleutian Islands are on the far side of longitude 180 degrees, the line that separates west from east.
4. West. (Look at a map.)
5. Zero. Earth orbits the sun.
6. Hawaii, not as suckers will presume, Florida.
7. Idaho stretches a lot further north than most people realize -- about 60 miles higher than Maine.
9. Holland. The United States was passed up by them last year, in 2006. See [link]
10. According to Forbes, 946 billionaries. See [link]
11. By their tail! It is happy when the tail is tightly coiled and unhappy when it hangs limp. See [link]